Saturday, March 24, 2018


Open for people from The Netherlands and Flanders only (sorry!)
This giveaway is only for Dutch or Fleming residence since the Papercloud DIY magazine is all written in Dutch. But fear not I promise you that I will plan a worldwide giveaway with nice goodies soon.
It`s been a while since I`ve done a last giveaway so get ready to get excited!

1 APRIL = end date (no joke)
And this is what
you can win:
1 Papercloud SPRING edition
My very own yarnfood creations: 3 miniature cupcakes, 1 strawberry brooch and 1 soft serve brooch.
1 super handy yarn slicer set. You can even bring this on the plane and cut yarn and wool with it! #lifesaver
♥ just leave a comment below that you`re totally up for this giveaway + your email address.
♥ make sure you are over 18 years to join this giveaway. If you are a minor, please inform your parents about it for permission. Thank you!

for extra chances
♥ follow me + dropping a comment on my other social media platform like:
BLOGLOVIN: ice pandora
FACEBOOK: icepandora 
♥ I`ll be collecting all the received comments, count them and put them in a random number generator program that will pick out a winner for me. All fair and square.


Friday, March 23, 2018

Papercloud 'Spring' Magazine // behind-the-scenes


A while ago I was in Amsterdam at Papercloud HQ for a DIY collaboration because Papercloud is a seasonal DIY magazine. I have been here before for their first issue which was the Christmas issue. As for their second issue 'Spring' I was invited again to be part of it and of course I was present!

Papercloud Spring contains DIY projects in Spring themed as the title described but also Easter and other nature inspired projects. It also contains coloring pages, adorable wrapping gift papers and stickers!
Papercloud Spring is now available in stores, woo!

Take a quick scroll below for the behind the scene moments of making this Spring issue!  

Een tijd geleden was ik in Amsterdam bij het hoofdkantoor Papercloud voor een knutsel samenwerking. Papercloud is namelijk een seizoensgebonden DIY tijdschrift! Ik ben al eerder geweest voor hun eerste nummer, namelijk 'Christmas'. Voor de tweede nummer 'Lente' werd ik weer gevraagd en natuurlijk was ik erbij! 

Papercloud Lente bevat dus DIY projecten in het thema lente, maar ook Paasprojecten en doe-het-zelf met natuur thema's. Het bevat ook kleurplaten, puzzels, lieve inpakpapier en stickervellen! 
Papercloud Lente ligt al een tijd in de winkel.

Scroll gauw naar beneden toe hoe het achter de schermen aan toe ging in het maken van dit nummer Lente! 

Behind the scenes
This is our DIY office, welcome! Working on the Papercloud `SPRING` issue this is also my second collaboration with Papercloud and I`m very happy and grateful to be part of the Papercloud family again! My first collab was the `CHRISTMAS` issue which you can read it all here at this link:
▶▶Papercloud 'CHRISTMAS'  

my DIY duties

Me and I. ( were in charge of the paper flower garland which was quite a lot work of cutting, folding, assembling, threading and arranging 45 individual pieces.
Worried we were about the deadline but we managed to finish the garland and we were happy and so enlighted by the beautiful result!

Then there was lunch! Very Dutchy (not douchey) lunch though: croquette buns but unfortunate it`s all deep fried minced meat on bun and not suitable for a semi-vegetarian like me. Luckily there was also satisfying salads and veggie friendly sandwiches, woo!
Finish line
For some of the DIY projects: Easter table decor, butterfly mobile, our flower garland and adorbs origami chicks.

Saturday, March 17, 2018

Project: Ombré Berry Cheesecake


Today a lovely berry-fantastic cheesecake recipe of mine but not just berry flavored cheesecake. It's ombré! I love cheesecake and I will always and forever say yes to cheesecake. Whether it's New York cheesecake, London Cheesecake, Japanese cheesecake, baked or unbaked and this ombré version is of course a yes for me and I hope it will be for you too. Enjoy!

Vandaag een heerlijke cheesecake recept in de smaken bosvruchten en in ombré effect! Ik hou ontzettend veel van cheesecake en ik zal altijd  "ja" zeggen tegen cheesecake. Of het gaat om New York cheesecake, Londense cheesecake, Japanse cheesecake, gebakken of ongebakken en deze ombré-versie van vandaag zeg ik natuurlijk "ja" tegen. Hopelijk jij ook. Geniet en eet smakelijk!
100 gr graham crackers/digestive biscuits + 45 gr melted butter

150 gr frozen forest fruit + 1 tbsp. sugar + 1 tbsp. water
400 gr cream cheese
100 gr sugar
200 gr full fat yogurt/Greek yogurt
150 ml cream
2 eggs
2 tbsp. maizena

TOPPINGS (optional): fresh fruit, cream, sour cream
30% - 70% method 
So I`ve decided to make 3 stages of colors for the ombré effect going from light, dark, darkest. For this all you need is 2 color differences from the berry compote, the lightest is actually your cheesecake base. To create the 2 color differences I have scooped up around 30% of the berry compote into one bowl, the second darkest and the rest which is the leftover 70% the darkest color in another bowl. If you want you can create a bigger color differences by doing 20% to 80%. Have fun with it!
Grab a ladle and scoop about 1,5 cheesecake batter and drop it in both bowls. I`m a spoon-batter-licker (ew, but no shame) and the ones with the berry compote taste so much like my morning yoghurt bowl with blueberries!
Bust a move and
I had a hardcore yoga work-out before as you can see here in my yoga pants and felt I have earned something nice. Cheesecake-nice! #verylogic
Bulls Eye
Look at this beauty I was so happy to see this outcome! With cheesecakes it is better to wait (overnight even) and let it rest in the fridge for a couple of hours before cutting it. It will firm up much nicer and still being moist and creamy. It is worth the wait trust me!
Berries marks the spot
Not your average berry cheesecake but!
An ombré on the hideout, to surprise and to wow all cheesecakelovers.
When I was a little kid
I wanted to eat whole cakes just by myself. Or atleast to have more slices because I was usually limited to just one slice. Now that I`m an adult I can 1. have more slices. Yay! 2. bake whenever I want and 3. share it!
Tip: slice the cheesecake with a hot sharp knife by dipping the knife in warm water. Pat the knife dry and this will make slicing the cheesecake easier and smoother. I stole this tip from Thomas Joseph, one of my favorite Youtuber <3d td="">
The Steps
making berry compote
1. Place the frozen forest fruit along with the sugar in a sauce pan and bring them to a boil on medium heat. Stir every now and then until the sugar has melted away and the fruit mixture is starting to bubble up.
2. Add the water and cook for another 1-2 min until it looks jammy. Don`t overcook it! Let it cool and divide the mixture in two bowls with each different portions: in one bowl 30% and in the other 70%.

making cheesecake
1. Preheat oven to 180℃ and get a Ø 18cm springform and wrap it around with tin foil. I use double wrapping just in case. Get a large roasting pan or oven dish that is big enough to fit the springform. Boil water in a kettle.
2.Crush the biscuits in a bowl to bits and crumbs and add in the melted butter. Stir and mix well then coat it on the bottom of a springform with a back of a spoon or a cup. Set aside in the fridge.
3. In a large bowl dump the cream cheese and sugar and beat them together with a whisk until smooth and creamy and the sugar has dissolved.
4. Add in the yogurt and mix well until completely incorporated. Then add the cream and mix until it is also dissolved in the batter.
5. Crack both eggs and dump into the batter. Mix gently until the eggs has vanished into the batter. Then drop the maizena and once again mix well.
6. So our cheesecake base is done! If you want you can bake the cheesecake at this stage but for the ombré effect you do this: grab a ladle and scoop about 1,5 cheesecake base into both bowls with the prepared berry compote. Mix gently. One bowl should look darker (the 70%) than the other bowl (the 30%).
7.Time to ombré! First pour the leftover cheesecake base in the prepared springform. Then pour the 30% berry-cheesecake base in the center. Try to do this perfectly. This should look like a circle spreading out. Finally pour the 70% berry-cheesecake base in the center which gives the same effect. Now your cheesecake should have 3 rings with 3 different colors in ombré effect.
8. Place the springform carefully in the baking tin and bring it to the preheated oven. Pour the hot water from the kettle into roasting pan halfway around the springform like it is taking a bath. Then bake the cheesecake for 30 min. Reduce to 160℃ and bake for another 25 min.
9. Then leave the cheesecake inside the oven for an hour to slowly cool down. Then let it cool down completely in the fridge for atleast 6 hours or overnight (which makes it even tastier). Decorate it with toppings, serve and enjoy!